As I’ve started to spend more time in the kitchen, I thought it would be fun to share with you some of the recipes that I have been cooking that I think came out delicious and are worth you trying at home. As I stated in my post Best Things to Do at Home learning new recipes is a great way to take advantage of being at home. Last night I made Salsa Verde Shrimp & Gnocchi which is a recipe I received from Blue Apron. Happy cooking!
- 10 oz of tail-on shrimp
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tbsps of sliced roasted almonds
- 1/3 cup of salsa verde
- ¾ lb of gnocchi
- 2 tbsps of mascarpone cheese
- ¼ panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kale: Wash, dry and chop the leaves of the kale (make sure to separate the leaves from the stems). In a medium pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high and once it’s hot you can add the kale. You can add as much of the red pepper flakes as you want. I personally don’t love spicy dishes so I didn’t add too many of them. I used salt and pepper to season it to my liking. While you’re stirring for about 2-3 minutes, add ¼ of a cup of water and then keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes. When you’re done, move the kale to a bowl and cover it to keep it warm.
- Almonds and breadcrumbs: Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the same pan and once it’s hot, add the almonds (make sure to chop them first) and breadcrumbs along with as much salt and pepper as you want. Cook and stir for about 2-3 minutes and then put them in a bowl.
- Shrimp: Dry the shrimp with paper towels, remove the tails and then season them with salt and pepper. Add more olive oil to the same pan that you have been using and keep the temperature on medium-high. Once it’s hot, add the shrimp and cook for about 3-4 minutes (make sure to flip the shrimp after 1-2 minutes).
- Gnocchi: Fill a medium pot ¾ of the way with water and boil on high. Once it’s hot, add the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes. When you’re draining the gnocchi cooking water make sure to keep about ¾ of a cup that you will use later.
- Combining everything: In the pot that you used to cook the gnocchi, add ½ of the cooking water that you saved and put in the gnocchi, shrimp and kale. Cook everything on medium-high for about 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and then stir in the mascarpone and salsa verde. If you deem necessary, add some of the remaining gnocchi cooking water while stirring. You can add more salt and pepper if you desire. Transfer everything onto a plate and then add the almond breadcrumbs.
Voila, you are done! Enjoy your meal 😊
Brian HardinApril 3, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Great recipe! Gnocchi are great with everything! Thanks for posting!
CrackerberriesApril 25, 2020 at 6:49 am
Definitely going to try this…. mmmm can’t wait, my mouth is watering!
kikacarvalhoApril 25, 2020 at 8:44 am
Let me know how it turns out!