As most of you know, I am originally from Portugal. Bacalhau à Brás is a very traditional Portuguese dish that I cooked for the first time recently. I was very proud of myself and it gave me a little piece of my country until I’m able to go back! 🙂
- 1 pound of fresh cod
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of black olives
- Olive Oil
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thin slices
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Cut the onion into thin strips
- Chop the black olives into small pieces
- Cut the cod into large pieces (make sure there is no skin or bones)
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan, heat it over high flame and fry the potatoes. Place them on a plate
- Sauté the garlic and the onion until they are lightly browned in a frying pan. Add the cod to the pan and stir it constantly until the cod starts to come apart
- Once the cod is ready, add the potatoes and olives and mix for a few minutes
- Place the mixture into a baking dish. Break two eggs on the top and put it in the oven for 5 minutes at 425 degrees
Brian HardinOctober 9, 2020 at 6:19 pm
I love, love, love Bacalhau and this is a fantastic version! Thanks for posting!
kikacarvalhoOctober 9, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Brian HardinOctober 9, 2020 at 6:57 pm
lgt03077October 9, 2020 at 7:20 pm
52veganpizzasOctober 11, 2020 at 11:49 pm
Ooh lucky! I love Portugal. It’s where I would love if I could live anywhere in the world. 🧡
loriebOctober 16, 2020 at 8:52 am
sounds delicious and quite unique, will try it sometime. Have you ever used other types of fish?
johnprejeanOctober 18, 2020 at 3:39 pm
I am definitely going to have to try this!
thelanaiandiOctober 21, 2020 at 12:30 pm
Thanks for visiting my new blog at The Lanai and I! It brought me to you and I’m so glad it did! Love your stuff!
ButternutplaceDecember 3, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Blair RobinsonDecember 6, 2020 at 11:26 am
This looks wonderful!