Since the pandemic started, I have been cooking and baking all the time. I have to admit, I love it now. I started off by focusing on desserts like Apple Crisp and Nutella Soufflé since I have a huge sweet tooth. Now I started making all sorts of dishes and I’m so excited to share them with you!
We eat Mexican food at my house at least once a week. This week we decided to make an Enchilada Casserole instead of traditional tacos. We loved it so much that I wanted to share the recipe with you.
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 large chopped onion
1 cup of salsa
1/2 a can of black beans
1/5 cup Italian salad dressing
1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
1/5 teaspoon ground cumin
3 flour tortillas
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 medium chopped tomato
- Cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is cooked
- Throw in the taco seasoning, beans, cumin, salsa, beans and Italian dressing
- Insert 1 1/2 tortillas in a baking dish (make sure to coat with cooking spray)
- Put half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese
- Place the other 1 1/2 tortillas on top and add the rest of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese
- Cover the baking dish and bake at 400° for 25 minutes
- Uncover the dish and bake for another 7 minutes
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes
- Add lettuce and tomato to the top of the dish (if desired).