Over the last few weeks, the majority of people have been told that they have to work from home given the current situation. There are some people who have never worked from home and have found it to be a bit overwhelming. Here are some tips that I put together to hopefully make it a bit easier:
- Get Dressed: As tempting as it is to work in our pajamas, we should get dressed as if we are going to the office which will help put us in the right head space.
- Start and end your day with a routine: Whether it’s going for a walk or drinking coffee, make sure you have a morning routine where your mind knows that you will start working soon. At the end of the day, do something that symbolizes the fact that you are done working whether it’s doing a workout class or watching TV (if you need recommendations on what to watch check out by post Best Shows to Binge on Netflix Right Now). Try to only check your email once or twice every hour at night.
- Make your own home office: When they don’t have to go the office, a lot of people will set their alarm for a few minutes before 9 a.m. Then they will bring their laptop onto their bed and work from there. This is a big no no. It is crucial to work at a table while sitting on a chair and maintaining good posture. If you do not live alone, make sure to set boundaries and that each person has a designated work area. I highly recommend working by a window if possible to get natural sunlight.
- Be Responsible: You need to hold yourself accountable as there are a ton of distractions around. Do not turn on the TV and try to limit your time on social media (I know how hard this can be). Start off by prioritizing your to-do list and stay as organized as possible throughout the day. Make sure to answer your emails in a timely manner and stay in constant communication with your team.
- Schedule Breaks: It is easy to lose track of time when we are working from home. It’s important to schedule breaks throughout the day to make sure that we don’t burn out. During these breaks you can do anything from going walk for a short walk (while maintaining social distance), do a quick stretch or eat a snack.
Best Free Workouts to Stream OnlineApril 1, 2020 at 1:55 pm
[…] this, but I challenge you to take one class even if it’s a short one. Take a break from working (Best Tips for Working From Home) and watching TV (Best Shows to Binge on Netflix Right Now) and get moving! We all want to avoid […]
gifted50April 3, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Excellent tips. I don’t have the option to work from home but writing on the blog requires the use of these great tips as well.
kikacarvalhoApril 3, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Thank you so much!