It can be overwhelming to think that we all have to stay at home for the next few weeks, maybe even the next few months. It’s important to remember that everyone around the world is in this together. We should try to make the best of the situation. I listed a few things that you can do at home that I hope can be useful.
- Call family and friends: Being forced to stay at home can get extremely lonely. I know some people who are isolating themselves with their family, others with their significant other, some with their roommates and others are all alone. We can all do our part to make sure that all of our loved ones are okay, especially mentally. Make sure to call your family and friends now that you have the time to check in on them to see how they are doing.
- Try a new cocktail: Virtual happy hours have become the new norm these days. People pour a glass of wine or make a cocktail at home and then video chat with their friends to unwind. My favorite cocktail has been a Strawberry Mojito over the last few years so I’m sure you can take a guess about what cocktails I’ve been making at home.. Skinny Strawberry Mojito Recipe.
- Watch Netflix: Now is the perfect time to finally binge watch the show that you have been wanting to or watch the shows that everyone has been talking about. You can read my post Best Shows to Binge on Netflix Right Now for inspiration.
- Learn a new recipe: I am personally taking this time to learn new recipes and spend more time in the kitchen. I always found that cooking could be a bit overwhelming as there are usually a ton of ingredients needed. I found a lot of great recipes such as Pasta with White Sausage Sauce that was delicious and relatively easy to make. There are a ton websites with recipes such as 30-Minute Dinner Recipes , 77 Best Quick, Easy Dinner Recipes and 35 Fast Dinner Ideas for Any Night of the Week.
- Work out: Most people associate working out with having to go to the gym. There are so many apps and websites that you can use to stay fit at home. It’s crucial to keep your body active especially when you can’t leave your house and are probably sitting down for hours at a time. You can read my post Best Free Workouts to Stream Online and get moving!
- Listen to a podcast: Podcasts have become very popular over the past year. I think that there can be a misconception about podcasts and that they are “boring.” That is definitely not the case. There are podcasts about pretty much anything from true crime to celebrity interviews to movies. Here is a list if you need some ideas Best Podcasts 2020.
- Declutter: It is now a great time to go through all of your things and declutter. We all have things in our apartments or houses that we haven’t used in a long time and they just take up space. Go through each room in your house and just start throwing things out. Trust me, it feels great.