It can be overwhelming to think that we all have to stay at home for the next few weeks, maybe even the next few months. It’s important to remember that everyone around the world is in this together. We should try to make the best of the situation. I listed a few things that you can do at home that I hope can be useful.
- Call family and friends: Being forced to stay at home can get extremely lonely. I know some people who are isolating themselves with their family, others with their significant other, some with their roommates and others are all alone. We can all do our part to make sure that all of our loved ones are okay, especially mentally. Make sure to call your family and friends now that you have the time to check in on them to see how they are doing.
- Try a new cocktail: Virtual happy hours have become the new norm these days. People pour a glass of wine or make a cocktail at home and then video chat with their friends to unwind. My favorite cocktail has been a Strawberry Mojito over the last few years so I’m sure you can take a guess about what cocktails I’ve been making at home.. Skinny Strawberry Mojito Recipe.
- Watch Netflix: Now is the perfect time to finally binge watch the show that you have been wanting to or watch the shows that everyone has been talking about. You can read my post Best Shows to Binge on Netflix Right Now for inspiration.
- Learn a new recipe: I am personally taking this time to learn new recipes and spend more time in the kitchen. I always found that cooking could be a bit overwhelming as there are usually a ton of ingredients needed. I found a lot of great recipes such as Pasta with White Sausage Sauce that was delicious and relatively easy to make. There are a ton websites with recipes such as 30-Minute Dinner Recipes , 77 Best Quick, Easy Dinner Recipes and 35 Fast Dinner Ideas for Any Night of the Week.
- Work out: Most people associate working out with having to go to the gym. There are so many apps and websites that you can use to stay fit at home. It’s crucial to keep your body active especially when you can’t leave your house and are probably sitting down for hours at a time. You can read my post Best Free Workouts to Stream Online and get moving!
- Listen to a podcast: Podcasts have become very popular over the past year. I think that there can be a misconception about podcasts and that they are “boring.” That is definitely not the case. There are podcasts about pretty much anything from true crime to celebrity interviews to movies. Here is a list if you need some ideas Best Podcasts 2020.
- Declutter: It is now a great time to go through all of your things and declutter. We all have things in our apartments or houses that we haven’t used in a long time and they just take up space. Go through each room in your house and just start throwing things out. Trust me, it feels great.
A Dude AbikesApril 2, 2020 at 11:50 pm
Thanks for visiting my blog. This post has some good suggestions, Kika! Though I might watch a little more Netflix than declutter… Take it easy, A Dude Abikes
kikacarvalhoApril 21, 2020 at 5:39 pm
I think we would all rather watch Netflix 🙂
How to Make: Salsa Verde Shrimp & GnocchiApril 3, 2020 at 2:04 pm
[…] cooking that I think came out delicious and are worth you trying at home. As I stated in my post Best Things to Do at Home learning new recipes is a great way to take advantage of being at home. Last night I made Salsa […]
Brian HardinApril 3, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Great list of things to do while we’re locking down! Thanks for the suggestions!
kaluikechukwu647April 8, 2020 at 4:55 am
Very thoughtful and practical list to use.thanks
kikacarvalhoApril 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
kaluikechukwu647April 8, 2020 at 4:58 am
Thoughtful and practical list.thanks
Sonia MckoyApril 10, 2020 at 11:18 am
I love this post. these are some great tips
kikacarvalhoApril 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Thank you so much!
Little FishOctober 18, 2020 at 12:23 am
You are so right, it would better to get something to do instead of sitting at the sofa and feeling desperate. I have cooked more too. In the past, I felt cooking is very trouble, but now, I found that it can be easy, and there are so many easy and quick recipes out there. Let’s keep up and have a good life even during the pandemic!